Host Amanda Farrell talks to Florida Estate Planning and Probate specialist, attorney Pamela Hernandez, ESQ. The conversation covers everything real estate professionals and property owners need to know about what happens to your assets after you’re gone and how to ensure your last wishes are honored.
Key topics in this episode:
- How assets pass after a loved one’s death with and without a will (1:25).
- Ways to transfer property without probate (5:40).
- What happens if a surviving spouse isn’t listed on a deed or property’s title? (7:05)
- Going the extra step with financial and estate planning (11:00).
- What to do to avoid or shorten probate proceedings (17:50).
Resources and suggested reading:
- How Do I Correct a Mistake on a Recorded Deed?
- How Probate Affects Title Rights and Real Estate Closings
- WEBINAR: Principles of Probate with Pamela Hernandez
Get involved with the conversation!
Follow us on Twitter @titletalks, and sign up to receive notification when the next season launches! If you have an idea for a topic or know a guest speaker who would be perfect for the show, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest: Pamela Hernandez
Host: Amanda Farrell of PropLogix