Andy Pham is a successful entrepreneur with a background in real estate investment and development who fell victim to business identity theft. In this episode of Title Talks, he explains why he decided to create Company Alarm to combat this problem and what title agents can do to prevent LLC theft.
Key topics in this episode:
- Andy shares his harrowing story of immigrating to the United States (2:05).
- Andy begins a career in real estate (6:00).
- Andy realizes he is the victim of business identity theft (8:30).
- How the crooks took out loans against property they didn’t actually own (11:27).
- The response from the government (15:18).
- What title agents can do to help (20:00).
- The trouble with fixing cybersecurity loopholes at the state and municipal level (26:13).
- What business owners can do to protect themselves (32:00).
Resources mentioned in this episode and suggested reading:
Get involved with the conversation!
Follow us on Twitter @titletalks, and sign up to receive notification when the next season launches! If you have an idea for a topic or know a guest speaker who would be perfect for the show, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest: Andy Pham of Company Alarm
Host: Amanda Farrell of PropLogix