American Land Title Association’s CEO, Diane Tomb, speaks with Amanda Farrell about the rapid changes affecting the title insurance industry since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Key topics in this episode:
- Diane’s background in the housing and real estate industry (3:00).
- ALTA’s homeowner and homebuyer outreach campaigns (5:00).
- Adoption of digital closings and eMortgages before and after COVID-19 (10:20).
- The SECURE Act (16:35).
- How RON platforms help notaries and title agents do their jobs better (22:00).
- Diane’s assessment of COVID’s impact on the industry (26:30).
- Serving a diverse client base and community (32:00).
- Other important ALTA campaigns (33:55).
Resources and suggested reading:
- The American Land Title Association’s website
- ALTA Registry
- ALTA & MBA Digital Closings and eMortgage Boot Camp Recordings
- How Cybercriminals Use Email Spoofing to Commit Wire Fraud
Get involved with the conversation!
Follow us on Twitter @titletalks, and sign up to receive notification when the next season launches! If you have an idea for a topic or know a guest speaker who would be perfect for the show, email us at email@example.com.