Not long after the passage of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Amanda spoke with Elizabeth Reilly, Fidelity National Title’s Compliance and Regulatory Counsel to ask about the impact on title professionals. Reilly shares important components of the legislation guiding privacy protection in the financial services sector and what businesses must do comply.
Key topics in this episode:
- The legal definition of private and personal data (3:00).
- Best practices for data security and wire fraud prevention (5:41).
- The Gramm Leach Bliley Act (10:45).
- Why CCPA was enacted and how it works in tandem with GLBA (14:49).
- Will other states enact their own privacy laws like California? (19:28).
- Resources to implement the right process and training for data security (20:40).
Resources mentioned in this episode and suggested reading:
- Why Everyone Should Pay Attention to New Data Privacy Laws Like CCPA
- ALTA’s Data Privacy page
- The Federal Trade Commission site
- National Association of Realtors
Get involved with the conversation!
Follow us on Twitter @titletalks, and sign up to receive notification when the next season launches! If you have an idea for a topic or know a guest speaker who would be perfect for the show, email us at email@example.com.
Guest: Elizabeth Reilly of Fidelity National Financial
Host: Amanda Farrell of PropLogix