Host Amanda Farrell speaks to PropLogix’s resident HOA and Estoppels expert, Steven Craig, about the ins and outs of purchasing a property in a community association. He provides some important tips for real estate professionals and consumers to make the experience easier.
Key topics in this episode:
- Changes in Florida Statutes affecting HOA research (3:25).
- Why an estoppel letter matters (6:00).
- Other state laws governing HOA research (11:32).
- The hidden costs of HOAs that buyers need to understand (15:30).
- What title agents need to know about HOAs (17:20).
Resources and suggested reading:
- What Does Estoppel Mean in Real Estate and How Do I Get One?
- Florida Estoppel Law: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Important Documents You Need When Buying in an HOA
- WEBINAR: Understanding the Florida Estoppel Law and Ending the Battle with HOAs
Get involved with the conversation!
Follow us on Twitter @titletalks, and sign up to receive notification when the next season launches! If you have an idea for a topic or know a guest speaker who would be perfect for the show, email us at email@example.com.
Guest: Steven Craig of PropLogix
Host: Amanda Farrell of PropLogix