Sonesta Levy is a South Florida loan signing agent who recently became approved to do remote online notarizations. The early transition to using this new technology has had some bumps, but she explains why she’s excited for its continued development and shares some tips on getting RON certified.
Key topics in this episode:
- Getting ready for RON (2:25).
- The certification process (5:20).
- Getting used to RON platforms (8:50).
- Client responses to remote notarization (10:40).
- Deterring fraud with remote notary platforms (15:20).
Resources and suggested reading:
- The Latest States to Pass Remote Online Notarization Laws
- Essential Technology Updates for Remote Closings
- How COVID-19 Has Pushed Remote Online Notarization Forward
- How Notaries Can Stop Fraud
- WEBINAR: Tackling the Learning Curve of Remote Closings
Get involved with the conversation!
Follow us on Twitter @titletalks, and sign up to receive notification when the next season launches! If you have an idea for a topic or know a guest speaker who would be perfect for the show, email us at email@example.com.
Guest: Sonesta Levy, Loan Signing Agent
Host: Amanda Farrell of PropLogix